Terms and Conditions
We wish the world were a better place … but it ain’t. So we at Cambria Politico apologise to all you freedom loving readers for all the legalese below. In this and future iterations of the blogosphere agents of the Anti-Christ are watching.
So, please abide by the following.
Access to and use of ‘Cambria Politico’ both within the UK and internationally is provided on the following terms. By using Cambria Politico you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Cambria Politico. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to Cambria Politico.
We may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of Cambria Politico will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this blog.
Use of Cambria Politico
You agree to use/access Cambria Politico only for lawful purposes.
Contributions to Cambria Politico
1. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Cambria Politico you agree to grant to Cambria Politico, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for CAMBRIA POLITICO services in any media.
2. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
3. In order that Cambria Politico can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Cambria Politico permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
4. We normally show your name(alias) with your contribution, unless you request otherwise (by blogging anonymously), but this is not always possible. Cambria Politico may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution.
5. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with Cambria Politico.
6. If you do not want to grant Cambria Politico the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with Cambria Politico.
7. If you have any questions about contributing content to Cambria Politico, please contact us.
Cambria Politico community rules
(a) About your posts:
• Try to be civil.
• Disruptive, offensive, obnoxious or abusive behaviour is subject to moderation and deletion.
• No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is subject to moderation and deletion.
• Be considerate: users of all ages and abilities may be viewing,
• No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
• No advertising or promoting.
• Contributions containing languages other than Welsh or English may be removed.
• Inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names are subject to moderation and deletion.
• URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if relevant to the topic.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified.
(c) Legal requirements:
• You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in Cambria Politico. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
• Contributing material to a Cambria Politico with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to submit to or share with Cambria Politico only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of CAMBRIA POLITICO or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(d) If you’re under 16:
• Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in Cambria Politico.
• Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(e) If you breach these Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against you, such as a banning order or use of the legal system.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on Cambria Politico, and we consider such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, we may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements.
CAMBRIA POLITICO reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any CAMBRIA POLITICO account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
1. The majority of content posted in Cambria Politico is created by an editorial team and members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Cambria Politico or Cambria Magazine. Neither Cambria Politico nor Cambria Magazine are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on Cambria Politico or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through Cambria Politico. Any links to third party websites from Cambria Politico do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Cambria Politico or Cambria Magazine and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
2. Cambria Politico content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Cambria Politico and/or Cambria Magazine, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, Cambria Politico excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Cambria Politico does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the blog, website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Cambria Politico is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Cambria Politico for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
3. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Cambria Politico’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, Cambria Politico and/or CAMBRIA MAGAZINE shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Cambria Politico regardless of the form of action.
4. Cambria Politico and CAMBRIA MAGAZINE do not warrant that functions available on Cambria Politico will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Cambria Politico or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Cambria Politico and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Cambria Magazine or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Cambria Politico content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Cambria Politico content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
The names, images and logos identifying Cambria Magazine, Cambria Politico or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Cambria Magazine and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Cambria or any other third party.
1. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
2. The failure or delay of Cambria Politico to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Cambria Politico’s right to enforce that right.
3. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Cambria Politico is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.